Quite frankly we’re puzzled by the numbers posted by others on the effectiveness of social fundraising. These statistics of success often seem low to us. Meanwhile we’re watching DonorDrive customers get great results through our social tools that their constituents are using to fundraise. So why the difference?
It’s in how social media is integrated.
The problem is that not all fundraising software is created equal. How a software platform integrates social media has a huge impact on how effective it is. Social tools are not an add-on or plugin in DonorDrive. We’ve fully integrated the most effective social tools for fundraising into the system.
We feel the power of this integration is evident in these DonorDrive statistics that were recently presented by Global Cloud’s Managing Partner, Todd Levy, at the inaugural Social Media for Nonprofits conference series in Toronto. Here are some of our key findings:
• 13.27% of final donations came directly though social media. And that doesn’t even include email.
• When compared to organic search, social media is responsible for 345% more of final donations. Solid evidence that social media substantially outpaces SEO for driving donations.
• Facebook plays the biggest role in donations, raising 95.85% of donations from all social media. With the personal nature of Facebook, this shows that people give to people they know.
• Those using our Facebook application raised 78% more than those who didn’t. If a participant connects their Facebook to DonorDrive, they raise substantially more.
• Participants who customize their Fundraising Page raise 20% more than those who don’t. A simple personal message, photo, or video can make a big difference in dollars raised.
As you can see, social fundraising, when done right, can truly generate more money for your cause. Download the “Social Fundraising: Best Practices and Key Metrics” presentation for other telling stats and links to worthwhile reading.